November 28, 2011

Hangover pt III - Göteborg


Sunday was a strange day.

As you might have read, we had a storm yesterday. It was a class 2 warning that means weather conditions could pose a danger to the public, as well as cause major property damage and major disruptions in essential services. The public is encouraged to follow up new information on the Internet, radio or TV. (http://www.goteborgdaily.se/news/smhi-extreme-weather-warning)

It was so strong that the electricity went off in the whole Chalmers area, including Olofshöjd. And until that moment, sometime around 6pm I had no idea that there is a small hurricane happening outside. You may ask yourself why. Well, let me tell you.

It is no secret that Swedish people drink a lot. Also it is no secret that students on exchange drink even more. And from 7 days a week, you can find a place to party at least on 3 days. Little Saturday (Wednesday), Friday (afterwork + partying), Saturday. There is an option of Thursday partying as well, but then you lose basically half of the week.

Anyway, after a month of staying at the studio (university) and working more than 8 hours a day, my friends and I decided it is time to unwind a little bit. I can’t say it here how the night looked like, but I can say how it ended:

- French friend saying he will never again drink with eastern and southeastern women, we tried to kill him
- me, dancing salsa or something similar which I hate doing!
- teleporting from one place to another
- asking my neighbor to clean the room while I am gone, since his vacuum cleaner is already at my place
- sending msgs to French person in Spanish and sending msgs to Swedish person in Swenglish
- and so much more

Result of this was all my friends staying in the bed during the weekend. Unfortunately, my phone rang at 8:30 on Saturday and I had to get up. That is why, on Sunday, I overslept the whole storm and didn’t hear the trees breaking or the facades falling down. On the other hand, my happiness bar is fully charged now and working during the whole day is not a problem anymore.

Happy, hardworking,
Evie