January 16, 2012

Quest started: Master Thesis


If you are wondering about the title - it’s because I played too much Skyrim (Elder Scrolls) during my winter holidays.

The time has come! On 12th of January I had my last exam, which went well by the way, and now I am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Free in terms of arranging my own time and schedule since from now on I am going to work on my master thesis. It feels a little bit strange to finally get to this point when professors consider that you have enough knowledge to work on your own. Of course that they will help, but you are the one that makes the assignment. And I must admit it is not that easy.

I have been thinking for a while now about my topic and decided to do housing. Preferably student housing since there is such a need for it in Goteborg and Sweden in general. We will see how it goes. I will try to organize everything during this week: I have already found an office where I’ll sit together with some great people/friends from the past course, there is a paper I need to hand in and get the signature to officially start and a bunch of emails to be sent to different companies, PhD students and so on. Also, I need to finish the work on my portfolio and try to find a job. Fingers crossed. Now when I look at this, I will be as busy as before, or even more! Good part though is the fact that I can shift the schedule any way I want, which I think the most important thing here: how to balance between hard work and student life.

And talking about student life today was the registration day for the newcomers. New CIRC is going to make a 2 weeks reception period and I am going to join them. Help them with the organization during the events and of course have fun with the new people. Can’t wait for the sauna party this year, it so different without snow. You’ll see the pictures anyway.

Previous post I had pictures from the January Master thesis exhibition. I am just hoping that I will proudly show you my work when the time comes.

Cheers,
Ivana