February 20, 2012

Cooking (not anymore)


Hej everyone,
I don't know how to start this topic. Maybe by saying that I am the least appropriate person to talk about food if not how to consume it.

I was just writing about tasty things I ate in Sweden and how international dinners are just a perfect way to get to know people. I was also saying something along: even though it seems a safe topic, be careful when you talk about typically Swedish dishes. Meatballs and kannelbulle are Swedish, I repeat SWEDISH and nobody else knew about those two before Swedes ;)

Then I was going to post this picture of Yevgeniy (which is rotated I don't know why) and say how ashamed I was when previous week he brought this perfect Russian salad to our SFI class, and I didn't make anything. Though, I didn't really know that we were supposed to bring food since I missed some classes due to the thesis work.


Last, but not least, I wanted to give you some links for the Swedish recipes I tried and liked. However, while searching for those, I came across this most interesting event.

I will just post some pictures and say "what?!?" It is a World Championship in topless tobogganing and it is held in Norway. Read more about this event here and I will leave my food blog for some other time, I feel like it is not possible to write about it after seeing this. Though I must say, there is something so lovable in the way Scandinavian countries crave for fun and the feeling of being free.




*all pictures are from the site, just go into bilder VM 2010 or 2011 to see more

Does your country hosts something as crazy as this? Let me know, I am really interested.
/Ivana