June 27, 2013

Conquering the North - final episode

This year, in august, it will be exactly three years since I arrived to Sweden.
Finally, after a trip to Oslo, I can say I have seen entire Scandinavia.

The last stop was in Norway a month or two ago. An architect friend that I met at Chalmers lives and works there now, so it was a perfect opportunity to meet with her and see a new city at the same time. While I was browsing through my pictures I realized that there is a thing about Oslo (and/or Norwegian architects) - they do love details. So, instead of posting the pictures of buildings that you can already search on ArchDaily, let us check the fun detailing of Norway's capital.

Inside:




Outside:




On their buildings:








Suspended in the air: 


Perhaps on the ground:


Or some other strange place:





But, above all else, they are into sculptures... 






 Oh, and how could I forget! Electric cars. Ecofriendly way to transport yourself from place A to place B. I have seen one electricity station in Gothenburg (at Chalmers), but Oslo is full of them. Though not everyone drives a Tesla.